Ptarmigan

a grouse with completely feathered feet

2/22/2005

The Tiptree final decisions have been made, although not announced. We're still hammering out the long and short lists and the annotations. It's been an amazingly rewarding experience.

So, my reading load has been a lot lighter after this weekend. In celebration, I'm actually going to do a blog-meme-list thingy in a non-sarcastic way. This is the "10 things I've done that you probably haven't" meme

My life has been pretty boring. But here's what I came up with:

1. Seen an albino stag in the wild.

2. Nearly had my arm ripped off by an elephant named Bubbles (not in the wild).

3. Shook hands with Bill Clinton twice in one month on opposite ends of the country.

4. Discussed (briefly) the state of literary scholarship with Lynne Cheney.

5. Wrote a text-adventure game in the first person plural.

6. Visited Auschwitz on Good Friday. A dreary, gut-wrenching day.

7. Had Wallace Shawn bound down the stairs of the prof's house where my English class was being held (my prof and him were significant others). INCONCEIVABLE!

8. Spent all night in the Trenton, NJ train station (and that...was not good)

9. Turned down the opportunity to teach at a cable-car accessible Swiss boarding school on the side of a mountain.

10. Introduced the game of Mafia to the world of science fiction.

I would love to see a list of, say, a 15th century English peasant.

3 Comments:

At 2/22/2005 06:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Spent all night in the Trenton, NJ train station (and that...was not good)"

Ha ha. I've done this one.

I'm not even going to try to post a list of stuff that I have done b/c my life is even more boring. :)

Plus all the strange stuff I did, I don't want people to know about. :)

That list was fun to read however, perhaps it would make a poem somehow. I wouldn't know as I don't know poetry. I was thinking of rewriting a Burratron in jython. Now I don't think anyone has done that before...

 
At 2/22/2005 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Ray Davis said...

You're the Mafia guy!?

Please, somebody, shoot 'im.

(I kid, of course.)

 
At 2/22/2005 10:54:00 PM, Anonymous Eric Mayer said...

I just broke down and made a list to post tomorrow. You think your life is boring! I mean my Alan game was written in 2nd person so couldn't mention that. Only albino I saw was a squirrel. But maybe I should've included spending a night in the Port Authority in the 70s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home