Ptarmigan

a grouse with completely feathered feet

10/28/2004

've been scarce lately...doing such things as: finally doing the overhaul of Taverner's Koans (very very rough, watch your step, but feel free to check out the rough template. So far. I'm also off the wagon (or on it, depending on how you look at it) with Sever Decay. I'd just needed a breather. Also Tiptree reading, which has been extremely rewarding.

I'll leave this quote from Jake Berry (from Juxta 1):
The poem and poet call one another to a common ground of being, where they
constitute a single entity. To be more specific, a poet is an individual
poetic entity biologically appearing. It speaks, it bodies forth being,
participates in the theater of objects. What might be the essential nature of
such a pansubstantial creature can only be discovered through direct
confrontation and mutual dissolution with in the shared domain, the
anitpersonal dynamic this union cultivates. We are speaking then of the
phenomenology of the open field.

2 Comments:

At 10/29/2004 02:28:00 PM, Blogger Trent said...

I'm having trouble opening your page--or even posting. Must be something wrong with Blogger.

So, if I take Barry's meaning and yours by implication, he's in favor of a complete openness of direction in poetry. I'll buy that. I didn't mean to sound too limiting. I apologize if I came off wrong. What I mean to suggest is that we keep one eye on what has worked well while we keep one eye focused on the future. I love experiment, but within parameters that make it succeed as poetry, whatever that may be.

 
At 12/16/2004 02:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

need sex peshers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home