Ptarmigan

a grouse with completely feathered feet

9/20/2004

Forgot to mention that my Introduction to Experimental Poetry class at the Loft is going swimmingly, as it always tends to do. Great, engaged students as always. The 6 weeks is amazingly short, and there's only so much you can do to cover what I'd like to in the last, oh, 90 years of poetry. But you launch a general framework out there, and you hopefully give some names for them to pursue later on, and it ends up that the students end up teaching you more than the other way around.

Went to the Swedish American institute yesterday for the first time, this faux baronial castle just south of downtown. I guess a proper term, kind of, would be gothick. I went to see this tile artists show but I missed it by a day. However, they had many porcelain tile stoves called kakelugnar which were worth the trip.

They looked very gnomic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home