Ptarmigan

a grouse with completely feathered feet

7/29/2004

So for my 3 or 4 readers...right, so I got laid off on Tuesday and trying to figure out what to do next. It's for the best, mostly. Working on a long poem. I guess I'm just not personally invested in blogging as somehow transcribing anything interesting about my life, or to reify it in that it seems interesting...because it's not, really. And at a point where the materialism of art and its politics in the general sense, its contours, feels very incorporeal to me, and therefore, hey, once again an avenue to explore my self. Which I haven't done for a long time in poetry (as opposed to systems and the construction of signifiers, blah blah blah). Of course that will probably change in 3 or 4 weeks.

6 Comments:

At 7/29/2004 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Elad said...

sorry to hear about the job, alan. i've been actively looking for work since Wiscon. after about thirty resumes sent, i had my first "real interview" for a graphic design job yesterday. (it was like a scene from a Bond flick: make a fax in Quark. You have thirty minutes.)

but, anyway. good luck on whatever you do next. :)

 
At 7/29/2004 02:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck finding a new job, Alan; ideally, one that will allow you time to write and edit.

I've enjoyed the poems you've posted here this month, and I'm looking forward to seeing your new one when it's complete.

Eric Marin

 
At 7/29/2004 07:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uff. Rough stuff.

I am rooting for you (against you?) from the bizarro (regular?) side of the cosmic divide.

--Nala Della Blanca

 
At 7/30/2004 02:27:00 AM, Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Oh crap, that sucks! I'll call you this weekend. I guess the only thing to hope for now is that this will lead ultimately to a better job that you like a lot. I'm sure you'll land something fairly quick. At least I have faith you will. I'll call you soon.

 
At 7/30/2004 03:03:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks for the kindnesses, y'all. I'm not panicking (yet). So we'll see.

 
At 8/03/2004 09:05:00 PM, Blogger Trent said...

Sorry to hear about the job loss. Hope the new one pans out and the self delivers gold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home