Ptarmigan

a grouse with completely feathered feet

1/30/2004

Open Letter to non-Minnesotan world

Please don't come here. It's nothing personal, but I don't think you'd like it. This morning when I was trying to start my car it was twenty below--and that's not with the windchill, which is minus 43 below. I had a large block of snow-slush-compressed to ice right on the inside of the tire space (I don't know what that's called). Normally, I can just kind of break it off with one swift kick. It took me pretty much 2 days, off and on, to finally get it off. When I did, I had a large chunk of a material that, when I threw it at the concrete below me, didn't even dent or break off even a teeny bit. I've sold it to a gemcutter in Lagos, so it's not all bad. So, the moral: don't come here at least until May, and even then you're pushing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home