Ptarmigan

a grouse with completely feathered feet

6/10/2003

Imaginary Albums

Leaders of the New School

Right--A Future Without a Past, 1991. Check. T.I.M.E., 1993. Double check. But wait, when did Busta leave the Leaders? Was it 2000? When the anarchy come a year minus one? Don't forget the Leaders' classic taken from that, the uh, the name of that Delany novel. 1996, I think.

btw, someone please explain how these lyrics made the top ten:


How dare you ever try to step on my suede shoes
Top Gun shut down your Firm like Tom Cruise
Please let me get down and blow a fuse
Actin' fool breakin' shit down to molecules
Yo let me hit you with my ill street blues
Busta Rhymez always headlines the street news
Woo-Hah!!! Yo baby girl don't be confused
Sail my seven seas and enjoy my boat cruise
I know you really want to know who's
comin' through leaving bloodstains and residues
Sorry homeboy but your flow sounds used
Gotta pay your dues baby you know the rules
Whenever I travel the world I landcruise
If you choose to fuck around you get bruised
Now I got you gassed on super unleaded fuels
Get me through give me some space you excuse


Anyone? Top Ten? Maybe we are in the alternate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home