Ptarmigan

a grouse with completely feathered feet

12/11/2002

AN OPEN LETTER TO THOSE FOLK WHO CAME ACROSS THIS SITE BY SEARCHING FOR "PTARMIGAN" ON GOOGLE.

Hello. I just wanted to clarify--and apologize, really--that this site really isn't about ptarmigans. Not really. You will have to go elsewhere for ptarmigan-rich content: ptarmigans on the tundra, ptarmigans frolicing in the snow, or whatever they do. Although the thought has crossed my mind many times to provide this content -- since there is obviously a need for it -- I think it is beyond my time, and technical, capabilities. Setting up the streaming audio of ptarmigan calls would just be too strenuous.

But all is not lost. For like driving down the wrong street and wonderful storefronts, fountains, and public parks that you had never heard of or seen before, this will provide the same thrill of discovery. Perhaps. You need to let the discoveries creep upon you. This site is about my housemates Evening and Quail. They are not entirely what they seem. They may or may not exist. This is about Hypergolem, our wonderful bloodhound of a link-find'r. This is a site about keeping the traditions of Halloween turkeys alive, and about minerals caught in the Inter-net, and sentient thermometers, and Iraqi tourism. I wish it could be more. So much more. But it you, dear wanderer, who I implore to pick up the slack. I hope you come back.

Holy shit that was a rhyme!

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home